Philosophy of Psychiatry Educator Network: Launch Webinar
The Philosophy of Psychiatry Educator Network by the International Network for Philosophy and Psychiatry (INPP) aims to bring together educators in philosophy of psychiatry and relevant disciplines. The network will provide educators opportunities to share resources, discuss strategies, and collaborate on scholarly endeavors. This launch webinar will introduce the network and will feature talks by educators in philosophy of psychiatry who will share their experiences.
The webinar will take place on January 26, 2022, 1-3 PM GMT (8-10 AM EST, 7-9 AM CT).
Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_faPJSqRCQnOSB5T9xMqrwQ
Five brief talks of 15 minutes each (75 min), followed by a Q&A discussion panel (45 min)
1) Awais Aftab (Case Western Reserve University, USA) – network lead
2) John Sadler (UT Southwestern, USA)
3) Matthew Broome (University of Birmingham, UK)
4) Serife Tekin (University of Texas at San Antonio, USA)
5) Werdie Van Staden (University of Pretoria, South Africa)
6) Bill Fulford (University of Oxford, UK) will join for panel discussion
Current organizational partners include the Association for the Advancement of Philosophy & Psychiatry (AAPP), the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych) Philosophy Specialty Interest Group, World Psychiatric Association (WPA) Section for Philosophy & Humanities in Psychiatry, and the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) Medical Humanities Program.